Are you studying marketing, public relations, communications or journalism and hoping to work in the travel and tourism industry one day? Read on!
- Superb creative writing skills
- Excellent eye for graphic design
- Active in social media channels
- Interested in event planning
- Welcoming personality
- Sense of humor
- Proficient in computer programs, notably Microsoft Office
- Pleasant and professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Friendly personality with outstanding people skills
- High integrity and honesty
- Ability to be a team player
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Advertising: Helping to create ads for print, social media, and email campaigns;
- Blog writing: Interviewing clients and consultants about their travels to create blog posts; also creating blog posts about general travel topics;
- Event Planning: Assisting with securing venues, choosing menus, creating decorations, finalizing invitations, sending invitations via email or mail, keeping track of RSVPs, creating agendas for events, working with speakers/suppliers, and following up with leads after the event;
- Newsletter writing: Helping to create a monthly newsletter based on our theme of the month, highlighting our destinations and travel partners.
- Public Relations: Writing press releases and creating a PR campaign;
- Social Media: Helping update Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn, as well as assisting with growing these followings;
- Trade Shows: Representing Global Escapes at bridal shows, corporate travel events, or student events on campus;
- Misc: Locating and organizing images of travel destinations, working with supplier partners to keep paper and electronic brochures updated.
Internships are unpaid positions
How to apply
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.
Please email resume firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. We will only interview applicants with the qualifications listed above.
All resumes received will be kept completely confidential.