Our Leisure Travel Advisors enable clients to achieve their travel goals and realize their dreams. As an assistant, you will work with an advisor to curate unique experiences by performing supportive tasks and managing communication with clients as needed. This role also offers the opportunity to eventually become an advisor yourself, if you so desire.
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Friendly personality with outstanding people skills
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Team player mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter who anticipates what needs to be done and is resourceful
- Task-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Detail-oriented for trip research and cost comparisons
- Proficient in MS programs
- Quick learner when it comes to new technologies and programs
- Ability to meet deadlines while working under pressure
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain client relations by managing prompt attention to telephone and e-mail inquiries.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude in all verbal and written communications with clients and travel suppliers.
- Assist in all aspects of travel arrangement – air, hotel, car, rail, etc.
- Pre-empt and/or solve any problems related to the client’s planning and travel experience.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of airline rules and regulations, current affairs, travel advisories, and destination attractions, exhibitions, weather conditions, and currency exchange rates.
- Appropriately and efficiently employ mobile technology and social media to achieve comprehensive client interaction.
- Maintain accurate records in an extensive client database.
- Participate in the agency marketing effort by attending local events, travel conferences, bridal shows, etc.
- Finalize necessary documents and proof vendor documents.
- Additional responsibilities include tasks that are inherent to the position, such as visa/passport processing, payment invoicing, and brochure/file maintenance.
Before you apply, please make sure…
You are an outgoing world enthusiast with a proven ability to prioritize, organize, multi-task, and maintain professionalism and accuracy under pressure. You possess an innate ability to make authentic connections with people, and you’re quite good at accurately assessing unique personality traits. You are an advocate, dedicated to customer service, and you’re agile in the wake of an ever-changing industry. You have a sense of humor, and you actively pursue learning and self-development.
Starting salary is $16-18 per hour; health benefits offered; opportunity to advance; revenue sharing opportunities based on sales goals.
How to apply
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins. Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. We will only interview applicants with the qualifications listed above.
All resumes received will be kept completely confidential.