By Courtney Morton
With the holidays approaching, money is on everyone’s mind. We are all wondering: Will it be possible to take a vacation for Spring Break when we are spending our money buying gifts for all of our loved ones? Great news: even if money is tight, you can still travel. In fact, one of the most cost-effective ways to see the world is through a cruise. We work with a variety of cruise companies, and we can design a cruise vacation based around your family’s likes, dislikes, activity level, and budget.
One of our partner cruise companies, MSC Cruises, offers great options for every type of vacation imaginable—from a couple’s getaway to a large family reunion. With activities that please every age group, entertainment abounds during the time on the ship. MSC Cruises sends people to every corner of the globe, and cruises range from one to three weeks. Packages are available that cover airfare and pre- and post-stay lodging. No matter what your destination or price point is, there is a MSC Cruise that will satisfy your travel craving.
MSC Cruises is offering a wonderful spring promotion for sailings aboard the MSC Divina. To inspire you, here are the Top 10 things to do on board the MSC Divina!
- Handcraft your own wine Create your own blend of wine with one of MSC Cruises’ talented and knowledgeable sommeliers. Label it and bring it home.
- Take a photo on the Swarovski staircase Complete your cruise by taking a stunning photo on the Swarovski staircase, adorned with the sparkle of 33,000 crystals.
- Enjoy a unique Balinese MSC Cruises massage Choose from specialty treatments, such as a massage with lava stones, shiatsu, or reflexology. MSC offers the only Balinese spa at sea, and all treatments are designed specifically for MSC.
- Relax in the serenity of the Top 18 sundeck Get away from it all in the secluded adults-only sundeck. Relax in your own private pod, enjoy drinks and snacks, and catch some rays.
- Attend a festive themed party Dress up and groove to the ‘60s at the Flower Glory Party. Dance the night away at the White Party. Play team games on Italian Night. Be amazed at the Brazilian-style costumes, music, and dancing at the Carnival Party.
- Shop ‘til you drop Explore the on-board shops, where you can purchase duty-free items and designer jewelry from stores such as Bvlgari & Swarovski.
- AquaCycle in the infinity pool Cycle in a low-impact environment during a great workout at sea.
- Be dazzled by one of the top-notch shows Get wowed every night by award-winning, standing-ovation entertainment, from opera and acrobatics to a pop-icon impersonator.
- Indulge in foodie delights Enjoy Italian favorites in MSC Cruises’ famous Eataly restaurants. Choose from 26 flavors of Venchi gelato, and sip on Segafredo coffee.
- Spin and win Try your hand at Blackjack, Texas Hold’em, Roulett,e or a variety of slot games.
- Check out our super cool “Virtual World” arcade Play solo arcade games, or challenge a friend to Guitar Hero, Terminator and Super Bikes.
- Get your adrenaline pumping on the F1 Simulator Enjoy six pulsating minutes of action-packed racing in a super drive Formula One race car simulator with three surround monitors.
- Shoot and score Have fun in the sun! Play basketball and soccer in our sports facilities.
- Slip and slide down our two-deck high twisting water slide Fly through the twists and turns of “Vertigo,” one of the longest single rider water slides on the seas, for kids over 3’ 8”.
- Take a master chef or language class Attend a cooking class hosted by the pastry chef, or learn basic sentences in six different languages in the mini club (kids ages 3-11).
- Bowl the day away in the “sports bar” Go mini-bowling with friends and try game-day favorites, such as cheeseburgers and chicken wings.
- Mix it up in the teen disco Meet new friends, and dance to the most current top hits.
- Try the Lego experience Create your own unique art with LEGO® Bricks.
- Enjoy Teenage Kicks Spa hair and beauty treatments Get spa and beauty treatments, such as a Fabulous Fresh Facial, Taboo Tattoo, Magic Touch massage, Foot Chic, Hand Chic, Make Up, Hip Hair, Easy-Tan, and 1-To-1 Workout (kids ages 13-17).
- Buckle up for a thrilling 4D motion ride Experience the thrill of a variety of 4D movies, combined with sensor-equipped motion seats, wind, strobe, fog, rain, and scents.
Ready to book your family’s cruise? Contact Global Escapes to get started on your next escape from the uniformity of life, and always Travel with Friends!
This article is the third in a series on family travel. We recently held a Travel Talk seminar for families with high school seniors, and we had a great turnout from parents who want to travel as a family before their child moves away after graduation. We hope that this series inspires you to see the world with your family before the nest is empty!
Want to read more about family travel? Check out our other posts: