- You're Invited!
- What's Included?
- Meet Your Traveling Entourage
- Register Now
- Pay for a Day!
Most people dream of traveling the world…but they can’t because of time, money, or simply the overwhelming nature of travel planning. What if you were able to experience a fresh, unique type of travel – one that gives you the free time to explore a foreign city independently, while still offering the ease & safety of a private group? What if that trip lasted 9 days, which is just enough time to get the “going abroad experience”, but not so long that your responsibilities back home take a hit?
AND what if that trip cost only $230 a day?!? (psst… it costs more to stay in an Atlanta hotel for a night… this is us hinting that this price is an INCREDIBLE deal). Well, you guessed it… that trip isn’t a “what if” anymore. It is now a reality.
Global Escapes is taking Athens, Georgia to Athens, Greece!
Join two of our youngest colleagues, Ariana & Lily, on an unforgettable adventure through Athens, Mykonos, & Santorini! These two twenty-somethings have been coined “The Wandering 2” and will be your travel buddies throughout this adventure!
Along with The Wandering 2, our Global Escapes travel liaison Mollie, and an expert travel manager provided by our trusted partner Contiki, will be traveling with you on this trip of a lifetime.
Only for travelers aged 18-35.
Interested? Visit the “Register Now” tab to make your deposit, or reach out to email@example.com for more information.
1. SIGHTS, ACTIVITIES, AND EXCURSIONS
- City tour of ancient Athens, Greece: the famous sister city to our own Athens, Georgia. Includes a English-speaking licensed guide. (See Day 2 of itinerary)
- Tour of Panathinaikos Stadium, the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and Monastiraki Square in Plaka. Entrance fee for Acropolis included. (Day 2)
- Greek music & dancing performance accompanied by traditional Greek dinner. (Day 3)
- Walking tour of Mykonos with local guide, includes local dinner experience. (Day 3)
- Beaches and Boat excursion in Mykonos, where we explore 2-3 stunning Mediterranean covers with an included light Greek meze: a Greek version of snacks/appetizers specifically created to accompany alcoholic treats. (Day 4)
- Private ride to Delos Island on traditional wooden yachts called caïque. (Day 5)
- Delos Archaeology site tour with a licensed, English-speaking guide, with entrance fees included to see the fascinating ancient ruins in this Cyclades archipelago. (Day 5)
- Walking tour of Fira Town with a local guide. (Day 6)
- Evening trip to Oia Village to watch the legendary sunset from the cliffs with a nice dinner and drinks. (Day 8)
2. ACCOMMODATION ::: All hand-picked, all unique, and all as close to the city center as possible… right where the action happens! 3-star and 4-star properties only. Pricing is for 3-share accommodation. Please let us know about roommate requests!
- 3 nights B&B or hotel in Athens
- 3 nights B&B or hotel in Mykonos
- 3 nights B&B or hotel in Santorini
3. TRANSPORTATION ::: No more searching for bus stops, no more getting lost in foreign train stations, and definitely no more skeevy taxi rides with a missing meter. With us, you can kiss your travel stress goodbye. We have completely mapped out the land & sea transport logistics for every aspect of the trip… keeping speed, comfort, and safety the highest priorities!
- Air-conditioned bus/shuttle transfers within Greece. Parking, tolls, and fuel costs included.
- Ferry rides from:
- Athens to Mykonos
- Mykonos to Santorini
- Santorini to Athens
4. PROFESSIONAL ENTOURAGE ::: You don’t have to worry about a thing. We got you, Boo.
- The Wandering 2 will be with you every step of the way. Lily & Ariana can even meet up with you (or your concerned parents) at the office anytime between now and the trip to calm nerves, give detailed information, or simply get to know you!
- Our Global Escapes Travel Liaison Mollie will be coming along on the trip too! She will be your point of contact prior to the trip for questions about pricing, logistics, adding on airfare, or any special requests.
- A professional Trip Manager will guide our group throughout the trip, keeping track of where, when, who, and what. Our TM is the real deal: a literal travel wizard.
- A qualified, responsible driver will escort our group from place to place when needed, making sure we all stay safe and sound on the road.
- Local, English-speaking guides are hand-picked to take our group on immersive adventures into different parts of the islands.
- We have access to 24/7 expert assistance via phone provided by both Global Escapes and Contiki. Our two companies are in different parts of the world, which allows us to have someone at our fingertips at all times if any issues may arise.
5. DELICIOUS LOCAL EATS ::: Travel the world and taste the world. From breakfast to special dinners, our meal times have been designed to open our eyes and taste buds to the unique flavors of Greece.
- Daily breakfast at every hotel and B&B
- 4 dinners at unique locations – each exclusively chosen for their local charms and delicious food
- Picnic lunch & various snacks in certain tours
- Our Contiki Trip Manager is well-versed in the local areas, and will be able to give recommendations for on-own lunch, munch, & dine hotspots throughout the trip
6. FREE TIME ::: You’re probably thinking — why is free time considered “included?”
- Well, free time is a special thing to us. We strongly believe that travel is about personal exploration and freedom.
- While we have an super-organized & meticulously planned trip, that doesn’t mean you will be shepherded around like a flock of tourists. We have made sure that all of our travelers will have plenty of free time to get wonderfully lost in a foreign culture.
- Whether you want to walk barefoot along the white shores of Santorini with a special someone, check out the nightclub scene around Mykonos with friends, or simply spend an afternoon alone gazing out at the Greek vistas in peaceful solitude, our specifically chosen moments of free time let you have that choice.
Day 1: Thursday, May 16 // Depart from Atlanta, Arrive in Athens, Greece
Let’s start the party. We have an optional add-on transfer from Athens to Atlanta this morning. *Please note that travelers flying out of other airports are also welcome on this trip.
We arrive at the airport, go through the typical international flight process, and hop on our plane! Upon arrival in the Athens, Greece airport, our group is met by our trusted Trip Manager (TM) from Contiki. We are transferred to the hand-picked hotel to check in.
After that, we have free time! Either explore the ancient city with The Wandering 2, take a quick nap to beat the jet lag, or check out the local café for a quick espresso. Your free time is yours!
At 6:00pm, we meet back up with the TM to go through itinerary and enjoy a welcome dinner with the entire group. After dinner, join The Wandering 2 for our first night out abroad! (D)
Day 2: Friday, May 17 // Athens, Greece
Today, we start our first full day of adventure! After breakfast, our group meets up with the local tour guide for a pleasant drive through the city of Athens. First stop is the marble Panathinaikos Stadium, where the first modern Olympics were held back in 1896.
After, we take a sightseeing drive through the most important areas of the city. We might even get to see the Changing of the Guards before arriving at the footsteps of the famous Acropolis of Athens! Here, we climb all the way up to the Parthenon, where ancient Greeks worshiped the fierce goddess, Athena. At the top, our local guide will dive into the factual history, as well as the mystical legends, of this architectural wonder.
Then, we trek down to Monastiraki Square in the Plaka neighborhood, where we can wind our way through the shops and cobblestone streets in the shadow of the magnificent Acropolis. We have free time for lunch and shopping in this ancient hillside village. Later in the afternoon, we return to the hotel to freshen up.
In the early evening hours we make our way back to the old city center of Athens for a three-course dinner, enjoying the folkloric sounds and traditional dance demonstration. (B,D)
Day 3: Saturday, May 18 // Mykonos, Greece
This morning, we have an early wake up call to meet our driver for a transfer to the local sea port. We embark on the ferry to Mykonos, saying a short goodbye to Athens (Don’t worry, we will be back!).
We check-in to our hotel upon arrival in Mykonos and get to enjoy some free time in this legendary white-washed paradise. We can adventure down to the lively waterfront to admire the fleets of Greek fishing boats, or visit “Little Venice” where quaint windmills and colorful balconies remind us of the famous seaside villages of Cinque Terre in Italy. The sun-kissed beach will be calling our names as well, enticing us to enjoy a lovely day on the Aegean beach during free time.
In the evening, we will enjoy a “Mykonos by Night” walking tour and three-course dinner. Party-lovers can check out the famous Mykonos nightlife after! (B,D)
Day 4: Sunday, May 19 // Mykonos, Greece
After breakfast, we jump aboard a Greek boat that navigates us towards the sheltered southern beaches of this beautiful island. We enjoy stunning coastal sights on our way to the carefully chosen, secluded coves for a swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Aegean Sea.
Later, we throw our anchor in one of the bays, get the chance to relax on the white sand beaches, and have a picnic lunch. In the late afternoon, we take the boat back to Paradise Beach for free time. Enjoy an independent evening, or join The Wandering 2 for a special add-on evening out on the town! (B)
Day 5: Monday, May 20 // Mykonos, Greece
After breakfast, we head to the center of town to meet our local tour guide.
Together, we embark on a caïque (traditional wooden yacht) to Delos Island. Delos, once considered a sacred island, is the legendary birthplace of the Greek god Apollo and his twin sister, the goddess Artemis. For 500 years, this tiny island was the religious and commercial hub of the entire Aegean Sea. Today, the entire territory of the deserted Delos is one of the most important archaeological sites of the eastern Aegean. During this half-day trip, we visit a variety of ancient archaeological sites, including the remains of the Temple of Apollo, the Sanctuary of Artemis, the Old City, and the enormous theater ruins, to name a few. Then, we enjoy a walk down the famous Lion Street, where lion sculptures have lined the road for thousands of years!
In the museum of Delos, our group will admire Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic, and Roman Sculptures, a collection of vessels from all periods of written history in Greece, as well as small items of everyday use in ancient times. After the end of this exciting historical excursion, why not enjoy a walk around the boutiques or grab a lazy iced coffee in the sun-kissed town of Mykonos? When we complete this day full of excitement and exploration, we transfer back to the hotel for a free evening. Catch up on sleep, enjoy the sunset from the soft sandy beaches, or enjoy a glass of wine in a nice Greek lounge. (B)
Day 6: Tuesday, May 21 // Santorini, Greece
After breakfast, we have one last glimpse at the island of Mykonos as we embark on the ferry to Santorini. After check-in, we have free time to explore the most beautiful island in Greece. Climb the rocky shoreline to get the best views, chat with the locals & pet their donkeys, or just meander & take in the beauty. You might even see the well-loved & well-fed stray cats known for wandering around the island!
In the evening, we head over to Fira, the capital of Santorini, to enjoy an orientation walking tour. The tour ends with a tasty walkabout meal where we get to sample delicious Greek cuisine. After the evening fades into night, interested travelers can check out the crazy Santorini nightlife with The Wandering 2! (B)
Day 7: Wednesday, May 22 // Santorini, Greece
Today, we have an entire free day to discover the endless options available to travelers and locals alike on the island. After a nice breakfast, we can visit the fascinating site of Akrotiri, where a volcano destroyed the ancient city in 1613 BC.
Rent a scooter to ride through the meandering, sunlit streets. Or, join The Wandering 2 as they soak up the sun at a local sandy beach! There is also an optional add-on for a walking Santorini highlights tour available through Contiki for this day. (B)
Day 8: Thursday, May 23 // Santorini, Greece
This morning, we enjoy a nice breakfast and have a free day to do whatever our traveling hearts desire. Museums, wineries, an open-air cinema, cooking classes, wineries, and more; there will never be a dull moment on this crescent-shaped island. Want another beach day? We can make that happen too.
Later, we explore Oia Village, where the cliffs and sunsets are known around the world for their beauty. Before sunset, we will visit a nice venue where you can enjoy a glass or two of local wine as we gaze at the sun slowly retreating below the horizon. After sunset, we will say our goodbyes at a farewell dinner in a local tavern. (B,D)
Day 9: Friday, May 24 // Depart from Athens, Greece
This morning, we will enjoy our last breakfast together and say a fond farewell to Greece and our Contiki Trip Manager. We take the ferry back to Athens and transfer to the airport for our flight back home. Upon arrival in the USA, we have optional transfer add-on available from Atlanta to Athens, Georgia. (B)
(B) Breakfast included
(D) Dinner included
*Please note that this itinerary may experience some changes.
Meet Your Traveling Entourage
706-549-1164 x 203
Hi everyone, I’m Ariana!
I’m a Travel Assistant at Global Escapes, and a senior History major at UGA working towards certificates in Historic Preservation & Museum Studies.
I have been travelling all my life, but mostly to visit family in Spain. I have a passion for European travel, so I can’t wait to add Greece to my list of places visited!
Unfortunately, I haven’t had a moment to spare during my college career to study abroad. I know that is the case for many students at UGA, so I am thrilled to be a part of this Global Escapes trip to Greece which will give students like me a chance to travel abroad without having to spend a ton of money and time away for us busy-bees!
My love for history has made me curious about the rest of the world, different cultures, and unique people. I love to go to museums and visit historical sites, but my favorite way to get to know a place is just to throw away the map and explore! You learn so much by finding hole-in-the-wall spots and interacting with the locals along the way.
Traveling has made me who I am today, and I think that everyone should get the chance to explore. I am excited to share my love of seeing new places through this amazing trip to Greece, so please join us for an incredible journey!
706-549-1164 x 203
Hey everyone! My name is Lily and I am currently studying International Affairs at the University of Georgia. Here at Global Escapes, I love assisting our Travel Consultants as they plan getaways for a variety of clients. Hopefully one day I can find my own area of travel expertise in which to advise people.
My passion for travel stemmed from road trips with my family as a child, and getaways to Europe & the Caribbean. I eventually had the chance to attend two study abroad programs in Scotland and France, and the cemented my desire to work in the international travel industry. I love unique destinations, so eventually I would love to visit Morocco, South Africa, Peru, and Tahiti.
College & work take up so much time in our lives, and it is hard to step back and take time for yourself to enjoy life and travel. However, I am a firm believer that what is meant for you will eventually find you, and for whatever reason you came across this opportunity to go to Greece! All I can say is – seize this opportunity! It will be a fabulous trip, no doubt, but you may also learn a little more about yourself, meet someone you click with, or experience something that gives you a new perspective.
So if you want to explore the world, come with us on this adventure to the Greek islands! Let us handle all the tiny details so that you can have some well-deserved time off to explore and learn about the world we call home.
706-549-1164 x 205
Hi, travelers! I’m Mollie. I work as the Creative Director and Executive Assistant at Global Escapes. In 2014, I graduated from Clemson University with a major in Spanish and International Trade. My studies and (almost obsessive) love of travel and foreign cultures led me to spend a year in Scotland, 6 months in Argentina, and a summer in Ecuador.
My time abroad turned me into a backpacker. I traveled the world and learned so much about myself. My world view shifted… I became more self-sufficient, more open-minded, and more empathetic to those around me. And, I met some incredible people along the way who became friends for life.
It’s truly an incredible experience when you are thrust into an entirely new culture, and I have always had a desire in my heart to get others around me to have those same opportunities. With the Wandering 2 series, Ariana, Lily, and I are teaming up to do just that!
So, I’m looking for passionate, travel-loving young professionals like myself… also college students, graduate students, teachers, nurses, lawyers, and more! If you have a desire to explore the world, we can make it happen. Join our group of travelers as we embark on this incredible journey together to the Greek Isles!
Meet Global Escapes!
Who are we?
We’re time savers. Road warriors. Assiduous researchers. We read all the magazines, find all the jewels, study destinations…and travel to them. We are a group of hard working travel professionals who have a passion for making dreams come true.
We believe that everyone’s time is valuable, but that everyone’s vacation time is priceless. That’s why planning and experience are so important. There’s a lot to think about: where to go, how to get there, what to bring and what to do – not to mention how to pay for it. These aspects can get jumbled up into a logistical nightmare for many people. That is why we are here. To take all the stress away from the vacation planning so you can do what you deserve: relax & explore.
Who are we?
Contiki is the travel company exclusively for 18-35 year olds.
Our purpose is to connect young travelers to the time of their lives.
What makes Contiki so special?
Well, we believe in real experiences. More than the perfect Instagram shot, we create the moments that inspire you, excite you, challenge you, connect you with the world & stay with you for life. And we care about making sure these experiences contribute positively to the people and places we visit.
WHAT YOU GET WITH US
For over 50 years we’ve been perfecting the secret formula to the perfect trip. We know you’re after unique experiences, local insight and accommodation that’s more than a place to sleep.
With this in mind, our secret formula isn’t so secret after all. In fact, it comes down to 5 key ingredients which make all the difference: Real Experiences, Unique Accommodation, The Best Team, Local Food, & Awesome People.
Our motto: Travel with no regrets.
To secure your place in the group, please fill out the fields below to register & pay a deposit of $230. This deposit is non-refundable, but does go towards the total balance of your trip. Total cost per person comes to $230 a day, or $2,070 total. This unbeatable price includes hotels, bus transfers, ferry transfers, daily breakfast, 4 dinners, and 9 excursions.
Upon payment and registration, Global Escapes will contact you directly to welcome you to the group and provide further information and documentation about the trip.
Registration closes February 10, 2019.
Final payment is due on March 18, 2019.
**Customized payment plans are available upon request***
Pay for a Day!
Family & friends of travelers: Welcome to the “Pay for a Day” section! This is where you can give the most INCREDIBLE gift of a lifetime: the gift of travel. So, whether you are looking for a graduation gift, birthday gift, or simply looking invest in a loved one’s bucket list, this is the way to do it!
It’s simple. Enter your information, leave a message for your traveler, and choose the number of days you wish to pay for. You can pay for a single day, or up to ALL 9 days! You will be taken to a PayPal page to make your payment either through your PayPal account or as a guest.
Anonymous gifters must fill the form out, but can put “anonymous” in the message field, and your secret is safe with us.