By Courtney Morton
Every family has their own travel style. Some families prefer touring with large groups so that they can relax and know that someone else is in control of getting them where they need to go, on time and within their budget. They like to socialize, and they enjoy meeting new people from all over the world. Other families prefer to go it alone…they want to see things at their own pace, and on their own terms.
G Adventures is a small-group tour company that offers the best of both worlds to families who want to see the world. When we say “small,” we mean that groups average 12 people. And when we say “see the world,” we mean that G Adventures offers unique itineraries in Asia, Australia, New Zealand, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, North America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Antarctica.
Here are our Top 15 favorite things about G Adventures:
- Transportation How you get around is your choice, simply choose your Travel Style and Service Level. By using local transport – buses, taxis, commuter trains, etc. – cost remains low while the experience remains at its highest.
- Accommodation Accommodations are chosen based on how they reflect the character of the destination. This could mean a handpicked downtown hotel one night, a unique homestay the next, and camping under the stars the night after that.
- Freedom Your trip is just that – yours. Want to linger at the market or grab a table at that cozy café? Consider it done. Your trip is given structure and direction by the experts at G Adventures, but you decide what you want to do with it.
- Small Groups Groups average about 12 travelers per departure, and they are typically a mix of solo travelers, friends traveling together, and couples, all of varying ages, backgrounds and nationalities. Come prepared to make plenty of new best friends.
- Chief Experience Officers (CEOs) Every trip comes equipped with an expert Chief Experience Officer (CEO) responsible for enriching your journey, offering local insight, and pursuing great experiences as they happen. To your CEO, making your trip memorable is all in a day’s work.
- 100% Guaranteed Departures Every G Adventures departure is now guaranteed to run. Yup, all of them. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it – you’re going, guaranteed. Your trip won’t be cancelled by G Adventures for any reason (beyond harsh weather or safety issues), so if your family of four are the only people on the trip, you now have a private tour!
- Lifetime Deposits Their Lifetime Deposit Policy is designed to protect you from unexpected events that may cause you to cancel or delay your trip. You can use it again for the same trip, transfer it to another one, save it up for a not-so-rainy day, pass it on to a friend, or donate it to Planeterra.
- 24/7 Service When your business covers the whole world, you have to be available and accountable all the time. If you have a question about a trip – even if it’s not the one you’re currently on – they’re here to help. Always.
- No single supplements Traveling by yourself doesn’t mean you have to travel alone. G Adventures treats single travelers to the same benefits as the rest of the group, which is why they don’t charge single supplements. They’ll partner you up with a same-sex roommate to ensure you pay the same as everyone else.
- Choice G Adventures offers wide variety of destinations, departure dates, Travel Styles, and Service Levels. No matter where, when, how or why you want to travel, they’ve got the trip of a lifetime for you.
- Value G Adventures offers unforgettable travel experiences at competitive prices. How? By following a grassroots approach to travel that keeps operating costs low and savings high.
- Satisfaction They’re pretty proud of their customer satisfaction record. A whopping 99 percent of travelers report satisfaction with the service offered on their trip.
- Global Network There’s a great big world out there, and with 20 sales and operations offices worldwide, you’re never far from one. Their exclusive boats, vehicles, and lodges ensure they can deliver a fresh, fun, and consistently G Adventures-y experience from start to finish.
- Go Your Own Way All G Adventures trips share a common love of adventure, but life-altering experiences come in a variety of flavors. What kind of traveler are you? Consult their Travel Styles and find your fit.
- New Partnership with National Geographic Journeys This collection of 70 exceptional travel experiences is designed to take you deeper into the cultures and habitats of the places they explore. The two companies have created these itineraries together to offer more meaningful encounters; interactions with knowledgeable, local guides; and the freedom to roam, all within the structure and security of travelling in a small group. So join a South African safari with a researcher working on a National Geographic-sponsored initiative that works to protect cheetahs and other big cats. Take part in a lively cooking class in the home of a chef in Indonesia. Or play an active role in tropical reforestation by planting trees alongside a National Geographic researcher in Costa Rica.
At Global Escapes, we would love to find the perfect G Adventures trip for you and your family. Come in and chat with us, and we will find a trip that will make every person in your family begin to count down the days.
This article is the fifth and the last in a series on family travel. We recently held a Travel Talk seminar for families with high school seniors, and we had a great turnout from parents who want to travel as a family before their child moves away after graduation. We hope that this series inspires you to see the world with your family before the nest is empty.
Want to read more about family travel? Check out our other posts: