By Doug Legg
High school seniors, college students and young professionals all dream of traveling “one day.” You know that time….”Someday”—that magical date when we have saved enough money to finally see the world. But what about traveling while we are young? When we have the energy to tour European cities all day and check out discos until the wee hours at night?
The great news is that there is a way to see the world while we are young and energetic without spending a fortune. Global Escapes partners with Contiki, the #1 travel company in the world for 18-35 year olds. Like Global Escapes, Contiki is passionate about encouraging young people to travel, and when you travel with Contiki, you can be sure that you will make every moment of your trip count. You can spend your time making the most of every single destination, instead of worrying about the details. Not to mention, you’ll be creating some serious memories with other people your own age from all over the world. When you travel with Contiki, you’ll be traveling with people from Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Canada, the U.S., and other places from around the globe. You’ll leave your trip with absolutely #NORegrets, and about 50 new friends from around the world.
No two travellers are the same, and Contiki knows that. That’s why Contiki offers eight tailor-made travel styles, guaranteed to give you the ultimate adventure.
- Discovery Plus: See it all. Do it all. Get the most out of your time.
- High Energy: Explore by day, live it up by night.
- In Depth Explorer: For the culturally curious. Go in-depth in your favorite regions.
- Easy Pace: For the take it easy traveller…more ME Time, later start times, 2-3 nights in each destination.
- Camping: For the outdoor enthusiast. Experience Europe from a different perspective, all while checking off the must-see, bucket list sights. Stretch your dollar further, so you can see even more!
- Sailing and Cruise: It’s all about sun, sea, sand, and adventure. Experience one of the small ship sailing trips in Greece, Croatia, and Turkey, or opt for the traditional cruising experience in the Mediterranean.
- Winter and Ski: Contiki offers trips to Europe year round. For the off-peak adventurer…enjoy lower prices and fewer crowds. Add on an epic ski or snowboarding experience to your trip, and stay at the Contiki-exclusive chalet.
- Festivals and Short Stays: Major bucket list events such as Oktoberfest, St. Patrick’s Day, New Year’s Eve in Paris, Christmas in Amsterdam, Sziget Music Festival in Budapest, Carnival in Rio…you can have all of these once-in-a lifetime experiences with Contiki.
We live in age where traveling the world is more accessible than ever before. It is time to get out of our Southern comfort zone an explore places that you never knew existed. It is all too common to talk about seeing the world, but to never make any action towards accomplishing this goal.
Global Escapes is here to help you realize your dreams and fantasies. Our partnership with Contiki ensures that you experience all the good parts of travel without the stress of planning. The guides are both experienced and knowledgeable in their respective areas and are able to ensure that you have the best trip possible. These trips are catered to your preferences, and you are given the freedom to make your trip what you want. When you travel with Contiki, you have the opportunity to explore this beautiful earth with like-minded individuals. Here at Global Escapes, we encourage you to travel with friends, and lifelong friendships are one of the many incredible perks to traveling with Contiki. For the trip of a lifetime and a memory that will stimulate your soul long after you are home, join Contiki on one of these guided trips.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Global Escapes and we will schedule a consultation, where we will get to know you and help assess your travel style. Through the end of October, you can take advantage of a special Global Escapes offer: 10 % off Europe trips 7 days or longer when you put down a $200 non-refundable deposit by Nov. 18th. Book your trip with Global Escapes by Oct. 31st to receive $50 toward a once in a lifetime experience while on your Contiki. Final payments are due 45 days before departure.
This article is the fourth in a series on family travel. We recently held a Travel Talk seminar for families with high school seniors, and we had a great turnout from parents who want to travel as a family before their child moves away after graduation. Although this article is more about high school seniors traveling with their friends than about family travel, we hope that this blog post inspires you to see the world!
Tags: active, adventure, Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Central America, college, Contiki, economical, Europe, fun, green, high school, noregrets, planet, South America, tour, young